The story of School
THE BEST AND MOST COMPREHENSIVE WAY TO LEARN
Hawaii has two distinct surfing seasons with winter swells hitting the north shores of all islands between November and March and during the summer season between June and October all the action moves to the south shores of the islands.
The North Shore and South Shore both have great surfing conditions on Oahu. Waikiki Beach holds excellent year round surfing for beginners, heaps of surf schools and board hire places. Kailua Oahu is our main stomping grounds and another amazing spot for beginners and again you’ll find a good selection of experienced surf instructors, surf schools and tours with Surf School Hawaii. We meet you depending the conditions and your location so there is no reason not to call on one of our instructors to help you get familiar with ocean!
Surfing was the sport of choice for the ancient Hawaiian kings and has since evolved into a world wide phenomenon. Anyone who has ever felt the rush of dropping in on the face of a wave will tell you its the greatest feeling in the world. We recommend a rash guard or UV shirt, board shorts or bathing suite, plenty of sunscreen and lots of energy. We’ll show you how to read the waves, basic surf etiquette, techniques for paddling, standing and carving on a wave.The Eastside of Oahu can have good surf year round, but conditions do change. Check the Surf Forecast to see the latest wave predictions.
Have questions and want to speak to us directly? Give us a call or shoot us an email!
Phone: +1 808-255-8671
- AKnowing CPR and First Aid.
- AKnowing personal limitations and how to safely save someone from drowning
- AARC CPR/First aid and bleeding control certification
- ASURFING, Kayaking, snorkeling, basic free diving, and rock running.
- AOpen water rescue techniques based on USLA and Hawaii Lifeguarding best practices for shore break c-spine extrication.
- ARescue board techniques
- ARescue tube rescues
- AIntroduction to Jet Ski ( special activities ) dolphins tour boat cruise and free dive.